Welcome to the Mesh Networking Academic Resource Toolkit 2005!
This toolkit contains Microsoft’s Mesh Connectivity Layer (MCL) and Virtual WiFi software. Microsoft Research (MSR) is providing MCL and Virtual WiFi to the academic community in both source and binary forms to support research and teaching in ad-hoc multi-hop wireless networks.
This toolkit includes six separate disks:
- Disk 1 – Mesh Software, Mesh-related supplementary materials, this README.
- Disk 2 – Microsoft® Windows® Driver Development Kit (DDK).
- Disk 3 – Microsoft® Windows® Software Development Kit (Platform SDK).
- Disk 4 – Visual Studio® .NET 2003, Trial Edition.
- Disk 5 – Windows® CE 5.0 Evaluation Software.
- Disk 6 – Windows® XP Professional Service Pack 2 Edition.
Not all users of this kit will need to install all of these items, but they have been provided together to save you the time and expense of acquiring these items separately as and when you may need them.
The sections linked above are designed to help you get the best out of this toolkit.